Friday, December 30, 2005

last day off

I slept until 10:30 this morning. I mean, I woke up when Mike left, and I woke up when they started doing something really loud on the house that they are building next door. But I can now sleep through the "beep beep beep" of the construction trucks backing up. I'm not totally positive that being able to sleep through that noise is a good thing. I'm sure it will pass by this summer...I used to wake up to and think "who is taking a bus!" Not anymore. I'm not worried about any kids trying to take a bus, but ya know, it doesn't hurt to be aware as to where the buses are at all times.
It is snowing here today! It looks like we got an inch or two overnight. And it just keep coming down. I'm about to make a birthday cake for my grampa (double banana something) mainly because I got a bundt pan for Christmas! Kind of a dorky thing to be excited about, but I do love to cook. Mike is taking over the cooking for January, so that should be fun! I'll miss being in the kitchen - I'll probably sneak in to make cookies or muffins or something, but it will be fun to see what kind of stuff he'll make. We are trying to eat healthier/work out a little so that we both look good for his sister's wedding in Nov. I don't necessarily want to lose weight, just buff up a bit and maybe rearrange. It seems to all have gone to my things and tummy right now. Hopefully yoga will do the trick, otherwise we are thinking about joining a health club. Since we both got raises, we should be able to afford that. Especially since most of the basement is done.
Anyway, today I get to make the cake, clean up, shovel the driveway a bunch of times, shower and look pretty, and then meet up with everyone for dinner. Yes, we are going out for dinner, then back here for cake and March of the Penguins. If I have time today, I picked up My Fair Lady and How to Steal a Million from the library, wouldn't mind watching one of those today. It is after all my last official day of vacation. This spring and summer are going to be crazy, but fun crazy.
So I suppose I should get up an do something. But the internet is oh so good for procrastinating. I actually played tetris yesterday for the first time in years. It was pretty relaxing! We need to get one of the PS2 games that has all the old school stuff on it. I would love to have Bubble Bobble!
Take care and God bless...have a great end to 2005!

No comments: