Wednesday, January 17, 2007

retreat

I know, I said I was going to try and post more, but this was a busy weekend. I lead a retreat to a nearby camp overnight Saturday night. It was a fun retreat...all about relaxing and taking time to listen. There were only 12 of us total, so you feel like you really get to know the whole group. We did a lot of one on one discussions...great for these kids to really get into a discussion with someone that they might normally only say hi to. Nice to relax a bit as well! We played a lot of games (I schooled at monopoly), ate, ran around outside in the dark, slept, and hung out. Perfect retreat in my opinion. The kids want it to be longer next year. I'm wondering if I can't do more with it.
We have an amazing group of adult volunteers that all get along really well. I would love to invite the adults (plus spouses and kids) to come with on this retreat next year. They would get to hang out together, play games, get into those conversations that you just can't have anywhere else cause there isn't time, eat, hang out with the kids some of the time, and generally take a break from life. The point would be to encourage our adults spiritually, set a positive example for the kids, and grow together as a group.
Now I just need to perfect the pitch so I can push for it next year.

oh yeah, my life is now officially scheduled through May 2008. sheesh.

No comments: