Sunday, January 28, 2007

Spirit of God

This is the hymn we sang at church this morning, I really enjoyed it.


Spirit of God, Descend upon My Heart

Spirit of God, descend upon my heart, Wean it from earth, through all its pulses move;
Stoop to my weakness, mighty as Thou art, And make me love Thee as I ought to love.

I ask no dream, no prophet ecstasies, No sudden rending of the veil of clay,
No angel visitant, no opening skies: But take the dimness of my soul above.

Hast Thou not bid us love Thee, God and King? All, all Thine own, soul, heart and strength and mind!
I see Thy cross, there teach my heart to cling: O let me seek Thee, and O let me find!

Teach me to feel that Thou art always nigh; Teach me the struggles of the soul to bear,
To check the rising doubt, the rebel sigh; Teach me the patience of unanswered prayer.

Teach me to love Thee as Thine angels love, One holy passion filling all my frame;
The baptism of the heaven descended Dove; My heart an altar, and Thy love the flame.

No comments: