Wednesday, April 18, 2007

greener grass...

So I was reading our friend Mara's Blog today and started thinking about how people are always wishing for what they don't have. Mike and I graduated with Mara...even in college I was slightly jealous of how she had studied in so many different places and didn't really feel tied to Minnesota. After graduation she was in Atlanta for a year, then off in other fun places. She now lives in Alaska. She is single, healthy, and adventuresome. I am married, healthy, and long to be more adventuresome.
When my friend Karen spoke to the sr high group not long ago, I was blown away at how much she has accomplished since graduation. I'm not sure why I can't see that I have done lots as well. I'm not sure if it is that we never really left Minnesota and our families, or just that it is easier to dream about life differently.
I am happy...I love being married, I love Mike, I love our families, I love my job (most of the time) and I am content where we are with life. I am excited about starting a family someday.

but I also want to travel, see the world, live life to the fullest. I crave new places, new experiences, and new tastes. I am so excited to go to Charleston in May and am really looking forward to traveling in the fall with Mike.

I am not sure that any of that made sense, but at least I got it down!

No comments: