Wednesday, January 25, 2006

coffee shop etiquette

I'm sitting in the Dunn Bros in Eden Prairie. It is such a great little coffee shop, an old historic house with lots of rooms and cozy furniture. I think I'm the only person in here right now, except for the employees. When I first arrived however, I could not believe how loud it was. There were three guys having a super loud conversation (not inside voices at all!) and a young woman on her cell phone. The woman next to me actually left because it was so loud. Have we totally lost all respect for other people? Or have our parents not taught us how to behave in public? Conversations are totally fine, but when I can hear you all the way across the room without even really trying, then it is too loud!
Let's be respectful people, keep it to a dull roar.

No comments: