Monday, April 10, 2006

Beautiful Weather!

Today was the most perfect day outside. 70 plus degrees out, light wind, and sunny. I wish that I could have spent the whole day outside. I went for an early (for me) morning walk and it was warm out! Then off to work for the whole day, except for a 30 minute break at home on the deck. But tonight, oh tonight was beautiful. We had a bonfire outside. Some played ultimate, some played volleyball, some hung out and chatted, some roasted marshmellows. It was perfect.
I think one of the reasons I love Minnesota so much is because the seasons change. Could you really appreciate the perfect spring day if you hadn't been through the snow and the cold? Could you really appreciate that first super hot day of summer if spring hadn't prepared you for it? Ditto for fall and winter. I love the variety, I love the reawakening of the sense that it brings. I guess I am a Minnesota girl forever.

I have this insanely busy lfe until May 11. I am thinking about taking some time off then, maybe traveling a little. I would love to go somewhere fun, but really would prefer to travel with my hubby and not sure he can take the time off. I don't mind traveling alone, but I hate to spend the money on it. Something to start thinking about I guess!

No comments: