Friday, April 21, 2006

beer! and funny road signs

So my mom and I are on our adventure in Utah and Colorado. We drove all the way from Orem, Utah to Estes Park, Colorado today. We left Orem at about 6:30 am and arrived in Estes Park around 4:30. It was a long drive...but a beautiful drive. We started out on 6 in Utah, beautiful. Then on to I-70, which was absolutely stunning. We drove past Vail and Breckenridge and Copper Mt. We ranged in temperature from 24 to 75. We saw people skiing and at the bottom of the same mountain saw a golf course and people playing tennis. It was a good day. Of course, we noticed some interesting road signs. My favorite from today were:

( I didn't take this pic, just found it, but we actually saw this sign today!)







and

In case of Flood
climb higher.

Similar to this sign, but without the instructive drawing.













And of course, the one from salt lake city on Wednesday:

Tornadoes
2 for
$159.


but I still love "avoid broken windshields" from Wyoming 2 summers ago.

And, I tried a new beer tonight that I think I might actually like better than Fat Tire (gasp!). It is called Avalanche, brewed by the Breckenridge Brewing Co. And it appears you can buy it in MN! Fat Tire will always hold a special place in my heart, mainly because of Patrick's. I always love to try the local brew though...I might have to try something else tomorrow night at the game. I'm pumped to go to a Rockies game...I love outdoor baseball!

Anyway, the trip has been great so far and very productive. I feel like I am getting lots of work done for the summer trip. I'll put pictures up when I get home on Sunday, I totally forgot to bring my charger/cable with me for the camera.

Miss you Mike!

No comments: